Views:2362 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-07-02 Origin:Site
Obesity is a complex disorder involving an excessive amount of body fat. When your body mass index (BMI) which is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in meters (m) squared is 30 or higher, you are diagnosed with obesity. Obesity is not only a cosmetic concern but also increases your risk of diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
With the material abundance of modern society and the increase of social competitive pressure, obesity has become a growing concern. Obesity occurs when you take in more calories than you burn through exercise and normal daily activities. Your body stores these excess calories as fat.
Nowadays, the rapid increase of proportion of obesity has been one of the major health problems that attract the attention of many fields in society. Here are some tips for controlling your weight, I hope you found that helpful.
1. Eat Plenty of Vegetables. Vegetables are high in fiber and low in calories. You can eat large portions without putting on weight. Besides, it increases feelings of fullness and may automatically reduce the number of calories that you eat during the day.
2. Be Mindful of Your Carb Intake. Diets that are low in fiber are associated with weight gain and obesity. Eating too many refined carbs, such as white bread and white pasta which have been stripped of their natural fiber can be detrimental to your weight maintenance goals.
3. Eat Lots of Protein. Protein may benefit weight maintenance by promoting fullness, increasing metabolism and reducing your total calorie intake.
4. Eating Breakfast Every Day. People call breakfast the most important meal of the day. It’s best to eat similar healthy choices regularly and always start out with a good breakfast to avoid splurging or overeating on special occasions. In the survey, people who regularly ate breakfast were more successful with long-term weight loss than those who skipped the first meal of the day.
5. Plan your meals in advance. Have a meal-by-meal plan that you can stick to and avoid temptation.
6. Build more lean muscle. Reduced muscle mass is a common side effect of weight loss. "Muscle has a higher metabolism than fat does." Experts say. Lift weights is one of the best ways to build muscle.
7. Exercise Often. Obesity occurs when you take in more calories than you burn through exercise and normal daily activities. Exercise may help you burn off some extra calories and increase your metabolism.
8. Weigh Yourself Regularly. The same CDC study reported that people who weigh themselves once a day are twice as successful at keeping off lost weight as those who don't step on the scale as often. Everyone who loses weight needs Suofei SF-121 New Design Digital Electronic Bluetooth Body Scale, which equipped with a high precision strain gauge sensor and Large LCD and excellent load cell. Monitoring your weight by stepping on the scale on a regular basis, it can make you aware of your progress and encourage weight control behaviors.
9. Get Enough Sleep. Inadequate sleep leads to higher levels of ghrelin, which is known as the "hunger hormone" because it increases appetite.
10. Control Stress Levels. Excess stress may increase the risk of weight gain by stimulating your appetite. It is vital to control stress levels.
Wish everyone can maintain a healthy weight!